Private Internet Access is an excellent VPN that offers excellent security and total privacy when online. Available since 2010, PIA has grown to amass 3300-plus servers in over 30 countries making it a perfect choice for circumventing censorship and geo-restrictions. Private Internet Access is a joy to use and comes with easy-to-use apps for Windows and Mac.
In this guide, we will show you how to install the Private Internet Access VPN on Windows 10 PCs and Mac computers.
Security and Privacy
PIA is a popular VPN that comes with advanced security and privacy features. The VPN uses military-grade 256-bit AES encryption and allows users to choose the level of encryption that matches their needs. If speed is your main concern, Private Internet Access also provides the much faster AES-128 encryption alongside streaming optimized servers.
PIA’s built-in filters perform admirably and block everything from ads to trackers and phishing domains. Some other features include port forwarding, P2P file sharing, and browser integrations for Chrome and Firefox.
PIA is a fantastic option if you regularly use public Wi-Fi and will keep your private data safe and protect your identity. The VPN service provider does not keep activity logs, and you can rest easy knowing their privacy is protected.
Main Features of PIA VPN
- Ultra-fast connections
- Excellent security
- Bypasses geo-blocks
- Blocks ads and phishing domains
- Port forwarding
- Internet kill switch
- DNS leaks protection
- Intuitive apps
- 24/7 customer support
How to Install Private Internet Access VPN on Windows 10 PCs and Mac Computers?
PIA is compatible with all the major platforms including Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android. The Android app has a clean interface and is quite easy to use even for a novice. It’s available free of charge, and you can install and use it on your Windows 10 PC or Mac computer using an android emulator.
The process is quite straightforward and can be done in a matter of minutes. Here is the step by step guide on how you can use Bluestacks simple and easy to use Android emulator to install PIA android app on your computer.
- First, you will need to download the Android Emulator
- Next click on the downloaded .exe file to run the installation setup.
- Open Bluestacks and sign in with your Gmail account.
- From the main menu go to My Apps.
- Select Play Store from the list of apps and click to open.
- Now type ‘Private Internet Access’ on the Play Store search bar.
- Click the Install button and wait for the app to install.
- Go back to My Apps and locate the newly installed app.
- Launch PIA and secure your internet connection.