Symantec VPN is one of the top VPNs today. The VPN comes with a robust set of features and offers users anonymity and privacy when online. An offshoot of a major brand, Norton Wi-Fi Privacy delivers beyond expectations. The VPN boasts 99% guaranteed availability with secure and ultra-fast connections. With Norton Secure VPN, you can reliably bypass geo-restrictions and access any site from any anywhere in the world.
Norton Secure VPN is compatible with a wide range of devices including PCs, Mac, and mobile devices. In this guide, we will show you how to install the VPN on Windows 10 PCs and Mac computers.
Fast and Secure VPN
Developed by Symantec Incorporation, Norton Wi-Fi Privacy provides a highly secure VPN service. The VPN uses 256-bit AES encryption and offers a choice of tunneling protocols including PPTP, SSTP, L2TP/IPsec, and OpenVPN with TCP/UDP. If you are a privacy-focused user, you should be thrilled to know that Symantec does not keep activity logs.
Norton Wi-Fi Privacy has servers located in over 25 countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and the Asia Pacific. This gives you the benefit of switching between different servers and connecting to the fastest option.
Symantec VPN automatically connects when you’re on an unsecured Wi-Fi helping safeguard your sensitive data and information such as your passwords and credit card details. And should the VPN connection drop, Norton Wi-Fi Privacy has an internet kill switch which keeps your data secure by blocking all traffic until protection is restored.
Additional security features include IP, WebRTC, and DNS leaks protection. Symantec’s native apps are intuitive and easy to use making the VPN an excellent choice for both beginners and seasoned users.
Main Features of Symantec Norton VPN
- Fast speeds
- Robust security features
- Bypasses censorship and geo-restrictions
- Ad tracker
- Blocks phishing domains
- Browser integration
- Automatic kill switch
- IP/DNS leaks protection
- Protection against malware
- Easy to use apps
- Reliable customer support
How to Install Norton Secure VPN on Windows 10 PCs and Mac Computers
The VPN software supports all the major platforms including Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android. The Android app is much easier to use and is available free of charge on the Google Play Store. Luckily, with the best android emulator, you can still use the app on your Windows and Mac computers.
In this case, we will be using Bluestacks simple and easy to use Android emulator. Here is the step by step guide on how to install Symantec Secure VPN using Bluestacks.
- First, you will need to download the Android Emulator
- Wait for the download to complete and then click on the .exe file to start the installation process. This may take a few minutes.
- Once Bluestacks has been installed on your computer, open the application and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Note: If you don’t have a google account, you can easily create one from within the Bluestacks app.
- Now that you are logged in, go to Bluestacks main menu and select My Apps.
- From the list of pre-installed apps, look for Play Store and click to open.
- Type ‘Norton Secure VPN’ on the search bar.
- Click on the Install button to download and install the app.
- Go back to My Apps and navigate to your newly installed app.
- Launch the VPN and enjoy fast and secure access to the internet.